Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I've been TAGGED!!!


When I first saw that I had been tagged by Aunt Sylvia, I immediately thought of it as a term for graffiti. The thought of my aunt Sylvia "tagging" a wall jumped into my head, but since I don't have a picture to convey that, I thought I'd show you the aftermath. It looks like a couple cans of spray paint (and a couple hours training on Wii boxing) is all it takes for Sylvia to "Rain down the PAIN".

So here are my seven facts.

1. Unlike Ryan (see his response on Leslie's blog) I can't get enough of the "get to know you" e-mails, as I'm sure most of you know. I think it is because it is so much easier to be myself when I don't have to worry about seeing the response people have to what I say. I can pretend that most of you laugh (or at least smile) at my idiotic ramblings and all is fine in (my) the world.

2. I now come in 2-ply.

3. I'm a big movie buff. I see way too many movies and Anna gets dragged along to a lot that she doesn't really care for. Although we are going quite a bit less now that Evinn is here. I think it's a fair trade.

4. I can't touch my toes. I've never been able to. I can touch my nose, but it doesn't seem like that big of an accomplishment.

5. I wear glasses, but only for work. I think I look silly in them so I make sure to take them off when people come to talk to me at my desk.

6. I had kidney stones a couple of years ago, so I always keep a half gallon jug of water at my desk that I have to finish each day. I never... NEVER want to feel that pain again. Getting up from my desk every 30 minutes for "breaks" is no picnic either, but at least it doesn't hurt.

7. I spent way to much time on the picture that accompanies this post (but from a design standpoint, not enough). But since I don't design much at my job anymore, it was a fun way to keep up on my skills... or lack there of.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I've been warned Ryan is a one-track mind, I've heard that expression in reference to guys before but come to find out it's in reference to COMPUTERS. And I see you are the same way with photoshop, Doug! What a masterpiece, though, I got a kick out of it. And I'm glad you answer those silly 'getting to know you' things because your answers always make me bust out laughing. Keep 'em coming.

Lonna said...

It always surprises me that there are more getting to know you lists. I keep thinking that after one people will have had enough of me, but in your case you have very entertaining thing to say so I can see why you might enjoy them. Great masterpiece. we are always into seeing artwork around here.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Doug!!! I am SO proud of you....the photoshop picture and 7 things about you were...pause....special! (tap corner of eye with tissue) I enjoyed your posting!
Love,
Syl

Dianna said...

I know you posted this awhile ago, but I think this is great!