Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I love the internet

The internets can be used for good (yes internets was on purpose)! I have been looking for this song for a while, heard it on a JC Penney ad and thought i'd look it up on youtube.



Not sure who put together the video, but thought some of you might enjoy the song. It's a Christmas one so it is a bit late, but still...

It's by a band called the Weepies and it is called "all that i want".

I've been on a huge singer/songwriter kick for the past couple of years and can't get over what some people can do with little more than a guitar/piano and a voice.

6 comments:

Lonna said...

I LOVE this song as well. I am glad that you dug up all the info on it. Each time that the commercial came on I wondered if I could find out, but never got around to actually looking. Nice work Doug.

Manda said...

Her voice is so familiar. Was she in a different band before? She kind of reminds me of Chrissy Hynde, (I may have spelled that wrong) of The Pretenders.

Doug said...

Manda,

her name is Deb Talan. she does sound a bit like Chrissie Hynde. Not sure if she was in another band.

Speaking of Crissie...this ( Kid ) is my favorite pretenders song (disregard the fact that she is lip syncing)

Manda said...

Cool, thanks for sharing. Have you guys seen "Dan in Real Life"? It has an awesome soundtrack. Mostly by Sondre Lerche. I think you'd really like it.

Doug said...

I have seen "Dan in Real Life". I remember the music being pretty good so I'll have to check out Sondre.

I love sharing music so sorry you're going to get another recommendation.

This is the opening sequence of the movie "Once". don't know if you've seen it, but very good movie with very good music. Oh yeah, he sings this one live.

Lonna said...

Doug I think that your blog is broken. Every time I check it there is the same post. I think that you better look into that.

Just a side note I also love the soundtrack to Once.