Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another Music Post

The other day Anna heard a snippet of a song that she thought included Alison Krauss. She really liked it so she asked if I could help her find it. I was also interested in listening to the CD she did with Robert Plant (of Led Zepplin) so we decided to start with that one and listened to the samples on itunes. We found the one she was looking for (killing the blues) but both really got attached to one called "Gone Gone Gone". It's a cover of an old Everly Brothers song that just fits theirs voices perfectly. You can check out the video below.



The CD is an interesting mix between country and classic rock. It's a little different but worth checking out.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Have yet to hear anything by Alison Krauss that I DON'T like. Now I have to go to iTunes.
Bye

Lonna said...

I will admit that I was a little skeptical when I first read it, but you have great taste in music, and this is no exception. I really like the way their voices mesh. It was nice. James is dong some stuff for a band called Jets under fire. I think that you might like them. They have a myspace page with the same name.

Manda said...

Love it!